



So I finally remembered to call and make a haircut appointment for the kids...it only took about 3 weeks of reminders from Scott! Sydney had been asking for short hair for a while...Savannah and Peyton were bound and determined that they were going to grow their hair out...long. Lili just decided after Scott came home with a haircut that she wanted hers to be like his. We really wanted Savannah and Peyton to have shorter hair, but were going to let them keep it longer if that's what they wanted. So...a plan was hatched (by Scott--and I must say it was a GREAT idea!). He suggested that when I take them in, Sydney should go first and hopefully the others would really like hers and want theirs short too...IT WORKED! Sydney climbed right up and let Ms. Dawn cut at least 4 inches off her hair and when she got done, Savannah and Peyton couldn't get in the chair fast enough to have the same thing done to theirs! I let Savannah get the same cut...but Peyton's hair is just too big and fuzzy to be that short, so she got a longer cut, but still short compared to before! Lili kept saying she wanted hair like Daddy's...don't worry--it doesn't! It's more like Peyton's...but all are happy and I get to sleep an extra 20-30 minutes on Sunday since all I have to do is run a brush through each one! WOO HOO! (The pics are from top left: Peyton, Lili, Sydney and Savannah--in case you think they all look alike--like lots of people at Country Mart, and church, and Wal-Mart, and the library and ....)
My hair is still growing...and I'm not even freaking out about it yet! I don't have a pic of mine, but it's getting longer by the minute, I think and the plan is to cut the fringe off the bottom at my next appt. We'll see...I just discovered a new 'do and kinda like it, so I may keep the fringe! Who knew!?!
Scott and I are heading to St. Louis next week to see INXS in concert--it's a Christmas/Anniversary getaway...he got the tickets for me for Xmas and we will get to spend the night (if I ever remember to ask Mom if she'll stay overnight with the kiddos!) so that's our Anniv. fun! An actual date--alone--with each other. It will be weird...but FUN! I am SO excited about the concert--and now that I've figured out a hairdo that I like, I can even have INXS hair!! :o)
I am really enjoying my new job as a personal assistant for my Creative Memories upline, Tammy. I work on Tuesdays and Fridays and Amy comes and stays with Peyton and Lili...I think she is happy doing it too... I really have fun creating border ideas for classes and I get to do a lot of things like that for Tammy. I also have to do stuff like get mailings ready to go and keep track of inventory and keep her cropping area ready for classes, but that stuff is all pretty easy and mostly fun too. It has been a good situation so far...
I need to feed the girls...Peyton says lunch time has passed...and she's starving. I'm sure she could waste away any minute! Lili just woke up from an impromtu nap on the couch so I'm sure she will be happy to eat too!
I'll be busy on 50th Anniversary plans for Mom & Dad for the next month or so, so I'm not going to guarantee much blogging between now and the beginning of March...
Wednesday, January 25
Hair--more or less
Posted by ~Joy Kaye~ at 12:38 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
The haircuts are adorable! I'm sure they feel so grown up. Glad you found time to update with pics even. Trying to imagine you with longer hair.........not happening for me!!
Resa
I love the pics of the girls. They look so grown up with short hair. And who would have thought Joy Kaye with long hair? ;-) --Tawn
Post a Comment