CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 1

Couples' Retreat...

Ahhh...what a nice weekend! We got to go to a Couples' Retreat hosted by the Fairgrounds Road church in JC! It was so nice to have a couple of days with other couples and no kids to focus on each other, our relationship and our walk with God.


We saw several old friends and family...met lots of new ones (new friends, not new family--we pretty much already know them!)...and had lots of fun.






















But mostly, we learned some things about ourselves and realized some things in our relationship that we need to spend a little more time and energy on. Mark was one of the speakers and as Scott put it, he "made my eyes leak". I'm sure part of it was hearing things that I needed to hear and realizing things that I needed to realize about myself and my role as a wife and mother. But I think another part was hearing it from my brother! He really did a great job! I was really proud of him and how much he was able to teach us. He's really pretty great. If I do say so myself! The weekend was wonderful...and we'll definitely go back! Too bad we'll have to wait two years!
But I think I may not be hungry again until then. *UGH* :o)



This week is looking quite promising...


  • Promising to be busy. (Something every night until Thursday!)

  • Promising to be cooler! (Temps only into the lower 80's this week!)

  • Promising to be fun! (Lunch Bunch with each of the girls at school--Wednesday thru Friday!)

  • Promising to have more beds made than last week! (Scott made ours this morning before his shower! First time in I-don't-know-how-long!!)

  • Promising to be better listened to...in more ways than I can list!
Not bad...


And now I've got to do some work!

4 comments:

Tawn said...

The Couple's Retreat was very fun!! There's always so much to learn for everyone. I'm so glad you guys were able to come this year. It was so good to see you! It has been WAY too long since we had caught up.

Anonymous said...

wow! be sure and let me know when you go to another one of those! we would love to go!

DonnaMarie said...

The weekend was so much fun and a great reminder of the importance of our roles in our marriages and families. I have to agree your brother did a great job! :-)

You all were so much fun to hang out with and get to know - has to be the hair... ha! In all seriousness, we counted it a great blessing to get to meet and know you over the weekend and hope to see you again!

Love ya'!

Anonymous said...

Glad to read your thoughts on de bloggola. It was a FUN weekend and we were so glad you guys were there!! Some things just can't be explained using words alone....like the skits and bonfire fun and the visit from the Cousin. And I thought you had some doozy cousins, shew!!! So Fun!!:) KK